View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Personnally, Plekanec is the 1st player that leaves. That's based on age, ccurrent team philosophy, offensive potential and maximum trade value. I think we could get a SOLID winger prospect for him, like Teravainen..

I like Geoffrion-Plekanec-Gionta as a 2nd line, but I also think that Geoffrion is more driven and could do the needed job to compliment the other 2, mainly siting in front of the net, looking for the rebounds and work hard in the corners. That's unless Galchenyuk is ready, but good god putting him on the wing would be a waste.

I think Bournival is going to be a KILLER 3rd line left wing one day. He's way better with the puck than I though and his 2-way game is unreal. We'll see if we resign Armstron or put Leblanc as 3rd line RW. Geoffrion or Bourque could also play 3rd line LW.

I don't think it's actually going to happen, but man I hope Therrien tries a line with Moen, Prust and White all together. Just imagine the crazyness from these 3 wackos together, pure awesomeness lol.
That is a terrible second line. I coudln't disagree more. Geoffrion should not be anywhere close to a second line right now. If he is, it speaks volumes of how pathetic this teams offense will be. This a page right of Randy Cunneyworth's "waste Plekanec's offensive game" book. That is just completely ridiculous. Putting Geoffrion on Plekanec's wing is a much bigger waste that putting Galchenyuk on the wing until space is made at centre for Galchenyuk. Despite Plekanec being older I'd still move Desharnais. He's one dimensional and I don't think a team can win it all with such a player as one's go to centre. I'd move him to make room for Galchenyuk in the long run. I'd like to see Gionta play in a reduced offensive role with Eller where Gionta is counted on as much to be a go to point producer. He's still an excellent to way player. This team should really focus on upgrading Plekanec's wingers.

I'd also like to see an upgrade on White. He'll do for now, but we can really do better than him. His skating really limits his effectiveness as a player. He's decent for now, but we shouldn't settle with him. If we lack depth next year, then I don't mind seeing Moen playing on a 3rd line. If the depth is there, Moen and Prust should be on the fourth line, eating up whatever minutes they get responsibly.

Unless Armstrong returns to form, I don't expect him to be here in the long-term.

Ideally by the end of next season I'd to see something like

Pacioretty Plekanec *Upgrade on Wing*
Bourque Galchenyuk Cole
Leblanc Eller Gionta
Moen *Upgrade at Centre* Prust

Would like to see Bournival and Holland spend as much time as needed in the minors. For the record I do think I'm asking for too much and in the end, it doesn't seem like that strong a lineup.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote