Thread: AAA 2012 Draft
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Eklund was used pretty much as the defensive guy on his line at all time. This is what I meant with Olczyk wasnt that good of a two-way player in his early years.

Its funny that you bring up Kerr who was injury plagued most of the time Eklund was there. He played with different linemates most of those seasons. I think the best offensive line he was on were with Propp and Tocchet. Also Eklunds problem werent his on ice skills but having Keenan as coach and his knee injuries. Eklund is most likely the best playmaker here.

As for Olczyk I dont think they are worlds apart. Pretty similiar if you ask me. Both are ahead of Jokinen though.
Kerr still played well over 2/3 of his scheduled games aside from 1988, and scouting reports call him his regular linemate.

Regardless of who he played with, it appears his linemates always outscored him, is that correct?

as for his defense, I get mixed answers. one guide says he's "surprisingly good", the next one says "Keenan doesn't want to use him at the end of a close game".

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote