View Single Post
Old
05-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
Please, you must be trying to be wrong. Sundin as good as Thornton? Richards? I don't understand how you can say he makes everyone he plays with a 30 goal scorer since nobody other than him scored 30 for the Leafs this season, and he only managed 31. Clutch? Yeah, he looked clutch in those back-to-back games against Montreal when he did very little. However, he did have that big night late in the season when the Leafs were all but eliminated.
Sundin's a big body, good skater, excellent shot and a wide variety of offensive skills. You can't go wrong with him.

I would take Thornton or Richards over him purely due to Sundin's age (and, well, Thornton's a hell of a player), but for a one-year deal... I don't know. Sundin's consistently very good and you know what you get with him. I'd probably lean in his direction. In any event, he's elite, and it wouldn't be as clear-cut a decision as you're implying. Not for me, anyway.

Remember that he's put up these every good numbers despite playing with subpar players for the majority of his career.