View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I am a firm believer in the adage that an education is what you make of it, but that being said, all colleges are not created equal.

I attended both a private university and a public one (Hofstra and UMass) and my experience was the opposite of JSP's. IMO, the private school was more "serious" about education and offered the much better network in the field I wanted to study, and if I had the money I would have stayed there. I think a lot depends on a person's major and what their personal preferences are. The good thing is that there is a type of school to fit everybody's taste.
Yea I don't really see it as a private vs public thing...more gauging the value of the education you are paying for.. I feel college councilors hardly ever mention this. It all fluffy stuff about which school makes you feel happy and what not.

I went to Northeastern, it was not cheap in the least but it was a serious school that got me the connections I needed. I just feel there are some flat out bad deals out there. Lots of junior colleges turned 4 year schools that are lower tiers, charging the high tuition and playing up the "small community feel".

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote