Thread: AAA 2012 Draft
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 11:26 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
I came very close to taking him in the MLD but didn't want to be a homer. I don't see him as being much worse than Hannan or Mitchell.
I don't think he's that far back, either. Give him a track record of a few more years and he's right there. Maybe not as elite defensively, but he's been a remarkably steady ES producer: 25 ESP/season as opposed to 18/19 for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
Defensive play has multiple dimensions. As a small player, Eklund was probably much better in open ice than he was along the boards. He may have been defensively responsible and helped cover for Kerr in transition while still being less than optimal for other defensive situations.
Oh, I know, it's definitely not lost on me that he had to have some sort of acument to play with Kerr.

Regardless of this, we're not drafting 3rd/4th liners right now; we're trying to draft players for our scoring lines in most cases. If your player doesn't have the track record of scoring some points, you're behind the 8-ball to start with if you're comparing him to someone who does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
I would not say that he is successful. He was aggressive and he is definitly not bad but he also one of those who couldn't stand the euros and clashed with basically every star he met. He had some success in his first 8-9 years but what happened after that. He was exposed, hard to work with even went so far as to trying (and succeeding) in sabotaging a franchise.
when you look at his overall resume, he's in the 20-30 slot among coaches all-time. That's successful.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote