View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 12:25 AM
danaluvsthekings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I have a friend in Sea Bright who was pretty proud about staying. Those people stay, thinking they'll be able to ride it out. And then they can't, so they have to call to get taken out and put rescuers lives in danger. It drives me nuts. What do you have to gain from staying?
Hope everyone makes it through as well as possible.

We see the same type of thing here in CA with brush fires. It's extremely unlikely you are going to save your house from a fire with your garden hose, although my great uncle did a few years ago. Their roof caught fire in a couple spots and they put it out. We also have the people that know the state could have a major quake at any time but don't really have enough disaster supplies. I'll admit I'm on of them. It's the idea that nothing bad will happen to you.

I'm sure some people can't or don't want to deal with the wondering of "is my house ok?", especially if it might be days before they can let people back in. You then have the people that think it will never be as bad as they predict and don't want to be away from home if it isn't going to be that bad. I'm sure evacuating isn't fun. Of course neither is dying. Some people won't evacuate if they can't take their pets to a shelter. They all are fairly selfish reasons that don't make a lot of sense to me, but everyone has their moments where they do things that don't make a whole lot of sense.

danaluvsthekings is online now   Reply With Quote