View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 01:51 AM
Tuco

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
I got to see the Rampage play on Saturday in Chicago as I was down their to coach in a tourney. It was good timing as Howden is a former high school student of mine and I was glad to see him play pro for the first time. Here are a few of my thoughts from the game. Howden and Shore looked good when they played together. Robak looks like a very good dman as he had a solid game. I was looking forward to the Markstrom vs Lack matchup but both really struggled especially Markstrom. He was really fighting the puck on this night but I think he will be fine to be the backup in FLA next year. McFarland did not stand out for me at all. That's about all I noticed based on the guys I know. The Rampage started out with a neutral zone trap and were quickly down 2-0, but then they played aggressive hockey the rest of the way and came back but just fell short in the end.
I also got to meet Dineen at the game and had nice five minute chat with him, was a very nice guy. He was on the phone with a coach from the Rampage it seemed as I overhead him saying, "I came to watch these guys play and you need to get them more icetime in the third period" he didn't seem happy that a few guys had a lack of ice.
Anyway, good luck the rest of the year to your prospects, especially Howden
Mabe Rampage should have an "everyone plays" -policy?

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote