View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 02:31 AM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
After watching a bunch of Barons games, World Juniors is such a step down in competition from even the AHL it's unbelievable. To a player that made guys like Keith/Weber/Seabrook/Suter look like his toys at times last season, playing against 18 and 19 year olds that for the most part haven't even played a single NHL preseason game is a bit of a comedown. There is honestly probably nothing to be gained for RNH by going to the tournament in all honesty, it's just way below his pay grade. But if he wants to go, what should stop him. If he wants to go and is up front about it and would fulfill him as a person, Oilers management shouldn't really stop him. If he doesn't care (he's already played in a World Championships and done just fine) or is indifferent either way I doubt he will be going. I doubt the Oilers will be actively encouraging him to go if he doesn't bring it up first. Just not much in it for the Oilers or himself, there's literally nothing to prove he's so far past the skill level of a World Juniors it's not even debatable. We shall see though. Of course as a Team Canada fan I want to see him decimate records though.