View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I had Sterk ranked on my preseason list because I loved what I saw of him as a rookie. Lots of energy. A real tenacious offensive player.

Needless to say, I had high expectations for him. This year, he just hasn't taken that step forward offensively like many (I'm sure Rangers fans) had hoped. The biggest thing appears to be the fact that he still lacks strength and is undersized. While he works hard, he's too easily removed from the puck and isn't incredibly effective in the high traffic areas.

The difference between Sterk and Pedersen for the Rangers may be little, but the difference in their NHL draft potential is quite large. That said, Pedersen has been practically invisible in the few Rangers games I've seen this year.

This is bang on the money if you ask me. Having seen every Ranger game this year, Pedersen is definitely far ahead of Sterk in terms of pro potential. And before too many Ranger fans jump in to criticize Pedersen for not producing and going dormant, allow me to point out that he has definitely shown a number of flashes this year driving the net with puck control, going to the front of the net and also has exhibited sound defensive positioning.

Sterk, on the other hand, has contributed nothing offensively, has looked over-matched in the faceoff circle and has constantly panicked and turned the puck over in traffic areas - including in front of his own net. He strikes me as a player who just hasn't caught up to the speed of the OHL yet. He constantly has a fraction of a second less than his brain needs to process the situation.

Add in that Pedersen is a much bigger, more rugged body and it's not even close if you ask me.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote