View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I liked your earlier trade with Archibald and Ross. Also months ago I was hoping for a Kantor/Sefton trade with the Wolves.
I know including Sefton would come pricey but would to downgrade it slightly I would gladly take Charlie Dodero (with Kantor) back here instead.

As for AC....who the heck knows with the Leafs.....didn't they send D'Amigo here sometime in late January?
I see no downside to holding out, playing the kids for some key development time and adding the OA when the right opportunity presents itself. It'd be foolish to panic and jump on the first run-of-the-mill OA you can find and burn another card at this point - which is what he did just before the season if you ask me.

I think TO is intent on getting AC some time with "men" this year, but that doesn't preclude him being re-assigned here after Christmas, just like with D'Amigo. And I do like the Archibald/Ross suggestion for sure. Cardwell would be harder to pry out of Ottawa.

Having said that, this will be a pricey year as the deadline draws near. Way more buyers than sellers given how many teams feel they can compete.