View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 11:33 AM
dave babych returns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Out of curiosity what would you guys give for Erik Cole? 6'2, 205lb, blazing speed, goes to the net, played all 82 games last year and had 35 goals, 61 points, 186 hits, and 241 shots.

If Montreal were to trade him they would probably be looking for a big, young, winger prospect with an age closer to the rest of our core.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think the only prospects we have that match that are Kassian/Jensen, and as was mentioned, I don't think they'd be available unless in a package for a star player. Erik cole is a good player, but at his age and based on past production, wouldn't merit moving one of those players.

We do have a b-prospect in Alex Grenier, who's 6'5 and went PPG in the QMJHL and is currently playing in Austria, if he's of any interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Would be interested, but Kassian/Jensen are the main targets, but too much. Grenier is nice, but not enough. It's a tough situation.
I don't know if I'd go for Cole personally, he'll be coming up on 35 at the start of next season with two years left at what could be a very large cap hit (if we see the cap come down without any corresponding rollback).

Plus as good as his year was in Montreal this player is hardly a surefire success wherever he goes (just look at his time in Edmonton).

I would definitely take him as a rental, but that's not happening any time soon.

That being said the Canucks could pretty easily package another (Francophone ) prospect and a pick with Grenier if it meant a big winger with some scoring ability coming back.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote