View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Holy Erthanthou, Batman.

Pretty much everyone is already a fan on their own terms. Just everyone has different terms. Sounds like you're implying Stretch Factor doesn't have anything in his/her life that's better than following NHL hockey, and that he/she probably oughtta if, you know, he wants to be a better person.

If we're to take the poster SF quoted at his word, he will quit the NHL if games don't start by Nov. 1 (hint: they won't). If they closed the Starbucks nearest to you (hint: they won't - besides, the comparison doesn't have to be franchise-specific), would you stop drinking coffee forever?
Wasn't directed at Stretch in any derogatory way. Just trying to answer his question and give hypothetical reasons why one might feel that way.

As far as your Starbucks analogy. No if I drank coffee I'd probably just brew my own. Which is why I've spent a lot more time playing hockey than watching it. Hell, I've driven the 2 hours to Columbus to skate and see friends, a trip I would normally make to watch NHL hockey. I have AHL hockey in my home town, much of it with NHL talent. I could go, but don't. The "I want to watch hockey" pull just isn't as strong without a team to be invested in.

I know this lockout has changed my perspective on the league, and the team. To the extent I listed above, possibly, and again possibly not. I'm not fully sure, I don't have a deadline. I do know each day I find other things to do, and other things to care about.