View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 12:45 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
i work a mundane job too. If I don't want to spend my money on the NHL, I will cancel my tickets. My main concern is the owners getting too much. I will never support my local owner (Wirtz) who is trying to bleed every Hawks fan dry, just raised drink prices 50-75 cents.

Meanwhile, last weekend I went to a game played by NHL players for free to raise money for a charity and payed less than 20 bucks a ticket for pretty good seats.
No kidding...it's the same with MLSE. There are owners who are doing just fine who have no problem pillaging fans for every cent they can just because demand for tickets is high.

I wish the NHL would take more ownership of the fact it's put teams in cities where the fans just don't care to watch hockey - and, thus, aren't getting the gate receipts, etc. It's not just a "parity" issue - i can think of two teams who won the cup relatively recently and the people in their respective cities still don't care about hockey. There are also teams that have made the playoffs consistently and still have low turnout at their games. We're stuck in a lockout while the NHL tries to force the stability of some franchises with very few fans! You could put Sidney Crosby on the Yotes and no one in that city would care