Old
10-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
I solve problems

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
While Kelly probably shouldn't have been fired, he's not some messiah that some people are making him out to be.
No one is making him out to be a messiah. He clearly indicated from the onset in 2007 when he was made Executive Director that he intended to create a better dialogue with the League, to seek a partnership and work through any issues well in advance of the expiration of the CBA, and create a culture wthin the PA to repair the whole fissures and cracks left behind with Saskin's departure. That did not sit well with the hardliner's faction within the PA. And certain agents as well.

Don't confuse wishful thoughts of PK still being in charge that there'd be no lockout as annointing him as The Savior. What you're reading here are folks obviously frustrated with the current situation and any breath of change or wishful thinking, even if in speculaion, is an avenue of venting that frustration because, quite simply... we never got a chance to see what the man could have done.

And one thing Paul Kelly had that Fehr did not. He certainly had a better inside track going into the forthcoming negotiations given he had a better pulse on knowing what the League intended this go around and had personnel in place to tackle the HRR and other revenue aspects (namely Bob Lindquist). He had his ducks in a row as far back as Spring 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Look to his last job with the NCAA, made relations with the NCAA and CHL even worse with his bombastic rhetoric, and he was 'fired' from there as well.
Wrong. The issues surrounding College Hockey Inc was he wanted C.H.I. to have a stronger and more meaningful presence in relation to College Hockey as a whole than merely just the "Marketing Arm". Coaches want to see it. Some Athletic Directors did as well. Unfortuntaely, the higher ups didn't and when he began advocating that it needed to be, he was "silenced" (Resign or get the boot).

I'm treading on a slippery slope here, and I have to be very careful about what I say as... I don't want to be labeled by the CHL'ers here that I'm taking a (or his) side on this but... the NCAA is obviously fed up with what it deems "poaching" or "enticements" to kill players NLI's (National Letter of Intent) by some CHL clubs. He obviously was very passionate about that.

Major4Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote