View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Bogosian is pretty underrated, he's a very goode Dman on a not so good team.

From the Avs, depending on what Stastny and Duchene played like if there were a season, I would consider a Duchene for Bogosian+ trade, with the + being something like a prospect, nothing major. Or I would also consider a Stastny+ for Bogosian, once again with the + being something like a prospect, but nothing major.
as most of this thread would tell you, there certainly wouldn't be + involved from the jets. Unless your "depending on what stastny and duchene played like" included either putting up 75 + points. I think statsny's a no go. Duchene i'd do. but at the same time, i I love bogo so i could probably be offered the moon and stars and still refuse it.

He's a potential franchise player (which is essentially the best you can hope for other then established franchise player) who has a great attitude and loves the city.

essentially we would need a young "fringe" #1 center, who has the potential to be a franchise center, who has displayed an excellent work ethic, character, and commitment to Winnipegs franchise in return (which is technically impossible because how can you show commitment to an organization your not a part of?)

To be honest, I just don't know what kind of an upgrade we could get? From a Winnipeg perspective Bogo is almost the ceiling of any players worth.

His "gamble" is in his playing ability. Anyone we trade him for with less "gamble" in playing ability, will have more "gamble" in character/franchise commitment/etc, so really, what's the benefit besides strength at a different position- something that doesn't benefit Winnipeg as we arguably need more strength at defense then at forward (based off stats.)

Even the old "overpayment" (which is the mythical Unicorn of HFboards ie: it doesn't exist) doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

There just isn't realistically much of an upgrade to be had from Winnipeg's perspective, at least not something that's anywhere within the realm of reality.

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote