View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
My opinion, which i agree is arguable is: Vancouver didnt make a full use of Schneider career peak.
But how so? It was pretty clear he wasn't ready in 08/09 when Luongo was injured, he got a shot then. And that was when he was in the midst of putting up stellar numbers in the AHL. The season after he challenged in camp for a back-up role, but he was clearly outplayed by Raycroft. The season after, which was the 10/11 season, you noticed a completely different Schneider in camp. Arguably, he could have been a starter that season, but it certainly didn't hurt him to play back-up to an all-star goalie for a year. Then, just last season was the first season where Schneider was truely without question geared for a starting role. Including playoffs he played in 36 games last season and over through Luongo for the starting role on two separate occasions.

How would you suggest the Canucks handle the situation differently? They weren't going to trade Luongo until they knew what they truely had in Schneider. If anything, Schneider could have been a starting last season rather than this season. It's just a year, it's not as if it's a big deal in any capacity. I'd rather bring goalies along slowly rather than rush them.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote