View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

vCash: 500
This is probably an inappropriate place to post this, but I'll do my best to make it about Jagr.

99' was a pretty solid year as far as being a Stars fan goes. It was also the prime of Jagr's career. But Gretz also called it a career and in his final game Jagr scored the winner in OT to truly take the torch from The Great One. During Gretzky's final year the Rangers brought out the White Lady Liberty jersey, and for only that one year.White Liberty Kinda cool the Stars won the cup in 99', and 99' was also the last year we will see anyone wear #99 in the NHL (Backstrom's a loser for wearing it in the KHL IMO). And now the guy who took the torch from Gretzky in 99', which according to me is the year of the Star, will hopefully retire a Star.

Pretty cool and somewhat coincidental I thought, so of course already being a fan of the Lady Liberty jersey I had to buy it. No hockey is getting wayy too expensive, I think I've bought at least 15 jerseys in the last month or so. I completed the entire Stars history (sadly Mooterus included), all replica and older remakes, going back to '67-68.

TBH, I never really liked Jagr until he came to Dallas, but I do appreciate his place in the history of the game. I'm still up in the air on it, but think I will get 68 Jagr on an old school 67-68 White Northstars jersey, as a commemorative to the first Stars' season and to the best player to ever play for the franchise.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote