View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 01:56 PM
TCsmyth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... and even if a handful are, so what? People are going to say stupid things from time-time. Youve got over 700 members. Most assuredly there is the odd Wingnut who just cant help himself. But to then portray the entire membership as such is to do a major disservice to a very small group who's contributions to society as a whole are substantial on a multitude of levels. In light of how the NHL has treated labour since 1956, from 67 on the PA run by a collusive & corrupt leadership, the appalling pension suit, serious gains really only made in 94, I have a real hard time reading post after vitriolic post, wondering at times if Frank Luntz and his minions havent infiltrated the site, compromising its objectivity, integrity.
C'mon Killion...post after vitriolic post? Little hyperbolic - no?

What's wrong with Frank Luntz? I think the players should be encouraging the NHL to prop up and protect the brand in any way possible right now, as they surely at some point will be working under a % of revenue in said league.

I really just think that people are all hurt when they read stuff from Barch and the like asking them to essentially sympathize with their plight. Just as it would be ridiculous for any owner with whom they can't relate to come out and suggest how bad things are (ala Daryl Katz).