View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKY D ELEPHANT View Post
So he's going with the 3rd times a charm with Joseph. Well lets hope he pulls Joseph much before 9 minutes left in the game.

The team players much better in front of Nichols than Joseph anyway.

Stamps is always a non-factor until Nichols comes in, its very strange.

I suppose Kavis has to convince his team that Joseph is a quarterback too and you have to protect him.
I don't discount that Kavis Reed would desperately WANT the Stamps to practice all week in preparation to face a wounded Joseph. Don't be surprised this time if Joseph starts and is pulled in the first half if the same events unfold as in Montreal. On the other hand if the game is close at the half then we're likely seeing Joseph much of the way.

People can't lose sight of the fact either that Montreal very much changed their D setup after the Stamps TD. They were still being agressive on that play but after two Al's rushers that were coming clean on Nichols knocked themselves right out of the play Nichols had the time to hit the slow developing pattern. If those two don't trip over each other they get the easy sack and Montreal keeps bringing the house. That long ball made all the difference and gave the Als some healthy fear. Changed the whole approach they had with Nichols.

Calgary WILL bring the house against Nichols like they did last time. We need more fast breaking plays for Nichols to have heat options. Without it anybody we put back there is dead.

ftr imo I'd start Joseph just to see and then in the first quarter if my assessment was bad Joseph I'd throw Nichols in for the rest of the game. I don't think I want Nichols knowing hes starting a year deciding game. This is essentially a playoff game of sorts.