View Single Post
Old
05-16-2006, 09:52 PM
marvelousmotion

vCash: 500
Acquiring Jamie Langenbrunner is not out of question. Both Gainey and Carbo know this guy well. He's very versatile and with his experience, he can be quite useful to us, especially during the playoffs. With him, we won't need Bonk or Zednik anymore. I'd rather add a guy like Langenbrunner at ~2-2.5 millions (if possible) than guys like Arnott or Savard at close to 4-5 millions.

The one position we need to seriously adress is in D, we need to add a top 4 calibre defenceman. Either via UFA or trade, we need to get our hands on one.

Next year, both Kostitsyn and Latendresse have a shot at cracking our top 6. Lapierre is also ready to play on the bottom lines if needed. I think it's pretty fair to say that we have some depth in case of injuries.

If Latendresse makes it, I can seriously picture him on a line with Ribeiro. Ribeiro has always been one hell of a playmaker with his vision. With a finisher willing to stand around the crease or in front of the net like Latendresse, he can rack up a lot of points. Plus, Latendresse has the ability to create space for Ribeiro.

For some reasons, Ryder is not going to the crease anymore the way he used to do during his rookie season. That's one thing I hope he will work on next season. After having watched a 03/04 Ryder montage video, in contrast to what a lot of people think on this board, I would not mind seeing Carbo try Ryder with Ribeiro again if necessary. They used to complement each other so well. However, Ryder has to work on his defensive flaws. Under Carbo and Gainey, Ribeiro has improved a lot. Now it's Ryder's turn...

Line-up :

Kostitsyn/Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Latendresse/Ryder
Higgins - Plekanec - Langenbrunner
Murray or Lapierre - Bonk - Begin

Markov - Komisarek
Top 4 D - Rivet
Dandenault - Souray
Bouillon

Huet if he signs
Danis

To trade : Zednik and Aebisher