View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Time. The (forced) opportunity to see where an idle mind leads you.

Or it could mean that they have discovered completely new interests to devote time to. I had extra time on my hands. I got bored. I started messing around with programming and video game development, which I haven't done in 13 years. Now I'm currently drafting the paperwork to start a business, as I had a flood of ideas hit me for mobile apps/games I want to write. Had I been busy watching and recording games and pulling out highlights to make videos, I'm not sure I would have taken those steps.
None of this is implied by the self-imposed deadline kind of thinking that got this all started in the first place. Unless you think someone is suggesting "I'm giving the NHL till Nov. 1 to get its act together or I'm going to follow through with my plans to start my own small business. If they start playing games, well, never mind."

I'll admit I don't know you off these boards, Skraut, but you seem like you've got a pretty good life. It's way cool you've got this new stuff percolating, and I get that some additional free time may have played a role. But I can't get on board with the notion that folks who wish the NHL would get back to playing games so that we could go to them and talk about them and watch them on TV can't still recognize a leisure time choice for what it is as they prioritize their lives.