View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 03:29 PM
ORYX

vCash: 500
I agree about not needing a Percy/Ceci/Strome type.

This team has Murphy/Puempel/Faksa/Reider already, and at the cost of one of those players, Im not comfortable with it.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Rangers add a 2nd line player, capable of putting up 1 point per game pace, and a D-man capable of playing with Murphy who is solid in his own end.

That is why I identified Ross and Archibald. Both are O/A's so the price will not be sky high considering a potential return next year, neither is a star, but solid players, they are on a bad bad team, and the same team, so can likely get both for less then what it would otherwise cost to acquire each individually.

I am in no rush, I agree with letting the player play, but at the same time, if Spott finds the right deal tomorrow, make it.

The longer you wait, with so many teams in the fold, the more expensive it gets, and the less there is available (in terms of other teams outbidding you for the same player).

The longer the team plays together the better off they will be. Don't forget Spott is gone all December/early January, and Troy Smith is also gone over the christmas break for Hockey Canada Committments.

IMO, if Spott is going to find a deal for this club that doesnt break the bank, one that allows a player to mesh with the team, and know what his role is etc, that needs to happen a before Spott departs for HC duties.