View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
We all acknowledge how great offensively Karlsson is. Doughty brings one, maybe two, more dimensions to the game than Karlsson does. He isn't just an average physical player, as of late, he has become a physical force because of his skating and aggressiveness. Karlsson is not a physical force.
Quote:
‘With all due respect to the defensive defencemen, everybody can be a shutdown player. It ain’t hard. If they’re going to pay you $5 million to get no points and just take care of your zone, guys will do it.

“The real talent is the guy who can get up the ice and make the pass. Every team wants a guy like that, but they won’t let him play like that. Blows my mind. Karlsson has the long stick and he’s smart. He’s slight, but guys like him are built for speed, man.”
Paul Coffey

Please don't talk to me about hitting like it holds a candle to being the guy who's responsibility is running the puck where ever it goes. No ones at Karlsson's level at this and it changes his entire teams dynamic whenever he's on the ice. You're grasping at straws and I bet you don't even realize it. We know Chris Neil as a great hitter in Ottawa; nice player, but not near the value of the players that are tasked with carrying the puck.

People always say it's a DEFENSEmen well maybe it's been too long since Coffey and Orr because for the first time in decades we've got a guy who's an offensemen and there's ultimately nothing wrong about it.

No one was on the ice for more GF than Karlsson last year. And it's only obvious to us every night that the reason for that is because he's on the ice. You're chances of cashing in on secondary assists is great when you're on the ice that much for goals, but it's only significant if you're actually the reason. I mean, he must have the puck among the top 5 in the league surely...how else do you tally the giveaway + takeaway number he did last year. Sure, lots of giveaways; common among top players...but unusual for that player to surpass it in takeaways.

Last edited by Minister of Offence: 10-30-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote