View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
AngryBoss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Tigers were slight favorites before the series started. However, the Giants ended up being the far superior team over the course of the past 4 days. Our pitching gave the Tigers a chance, but the offense was miserable. The long layoff in between series clearly hurt the Tigers badly. The Giants came in with a lot of momentum and they didn't let their foot off the gas. The Tigers were never supposed to make it to the World Series though, so in the end, they still had a good season, despite the pathetic finish.
Don't want to turn this into a Tiger thread, but you hit the nail on the head.
San Fran's hitting wasn't that much better than ours, but they got hits when they needed them, and they did all the little things right like bunting and stealing bags when the situation called for it.
Meanwhile, the Tigers pretty much did everything wrong, like sending your biggest and slowest runner home when there's no outs.
Or not laying down bunts.
Or keeping a righty, who's hitting .063 in the game to face another righty instead of putting in a lefty, etc, etc.

I hope for Mr.I's sake they can find a way to return next year, but I have my doubts.
Even with a high payroll, playing in the worst division in baseball and having some of the finest talent in the world on one team, this team seems to crap the bed far too often.

I'm coming dangerously close to bashing Leyland, so I'll end this thread by saying Go Tigers, Go Wings, and I pray that Mr. Illitch gets to live to see the Tigers win a World Series.

AngryBoss is offline   Reply With Quote