View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
These are both fairly weak points. Takeaways are one of those stats like hits that magically gets recorded differently in different arenas. So you an throw that one out. And Karlsson is going to have to have another season at that level to be spoken of in the same breath as Coffey.
He ran away in the takeaway department. Again, anybody who watches Karlsson would see that his takeaways are legit. He uses his stick to play defense rather than his body. Just because he doesn't play the traditional style of defense doesn't mean that he's not good defensively. Nobody is 'throwing it out' and I doubt the PHWA did, either.

Remember when the excuse for him being poor defensively was his -30 rating? Sens fans said that was more of a team stat than an individual stat because he wasn't even the worse defenseman on his team in terms of +/-. But nope, that was the reason. It was brought up every thread. Funny, I don't see those people mentioning his +16 last season. Hmmm....

Coffey and Orr have both spoken out highly about Karlsson. Personally, I'll take their opinions, along with the PHWA, over random HF posters who claim that their favourite defenseman is better.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote