View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
You know guys, i like our prospects pool, but i have something that's pissing me off... I don't like that we still don't have that big forward who can play that big power, tough game. We have a lot of small, speedy and skill in our forward prospect, but we don't have that big, tough winger that could great havoc by playing that kind of style. We need to develop that kind of player.

We had a guy like Alexandre Mallet in our backyard in rimouski. That kid is good offensively and he's just a beast in physicality. Just watch his first pro fight with that big hit:

And there's a guy like Stefan Matteau Jr. We could have drafted that kid last summer. I was hoping for it. He's that kind of guy that we need. He has 11 pts in 13 games with 31 PIMS.

I just can't wait anymore until we draft a forward like that. Every team has at least one of those guy in their system.

End rant.
1 : We couldn't have drafted Matteau, unless you're suggesting that the Habs should have taken him 3rd overall. In which case, there's nothing I can do for you.

2 : Alexandre Mallet was possibly the guy with the lowest upside amongst all picks taken in the first three rounds, with the possible exception of the goon picked by the Edmonton Oilers in the beginning of round two. Mallet is two "draft" years older than Gally and should never, ever have been picked in the 2nd round. Tye McGinn was picked in the 4th by the Flyers two years ago, and he's a better player than Mallet.

Last edited by MXD: 10-30-2012 at 04:04 PM.