View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
If any of the bolded becomes more than a #6/7 defenseman, I will eat my hat.

Personally, I think the Oilers best bet would be to move Eberle right now in exchange for someone like John Carlson. Eberle is bound to regress, and he'll never have higher value than he does right now. Yakupov will be much better than Eberle and take the spot as #1RW, and the Oilers are deep on RW with Hemsky anyway.

I know Oilers fans are going to scream bloody murder because Eberle is best friends with Hall and signed a steal of a contract extension and is super clutch and everything, but trading him for a young stud #1 defenseman would be the best move right now, and very good asset management to boot.
As far as the bolded guys I agree with you. That was not the point. The Oilers have thrown a lot of darts at the boards as far as dmen are concerned. Though in fact what the team really needs is for one of those guys to become a solid #6/7 and the pick will be a success. The real test will be what Schultz, Marincin, Musil and Klefbom become.

If one of the big four had to go taoday, I'd trade Eberle. But I don't see the urgency.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote