View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 05:18 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
"Make Whole" clauses can also simply be applied to the end of any current contracts (as in my example on FRB).

Those are the sorts of contractual "make whole" clauses that I am familiar with from contract law. You agree to a reduced rate on your current billing with the contractual obligation to have that reduction paid (in full) upon termination of the contract.

The math against AAV I tossed out on FRB is just a SWAG because I didn't want to compile the actual salary percentages going forward on all existing Wild contracts. Heatley, for example, carries a much larger cap hit going forward than actual salaries due.

An AAV reduction of ~4% across the board on all existing contracts would cost Craig Leipold $11M over the entire course 13 years (lengths of Parise/Suter).

All of this is typed out to emphasize squidz' point about how that isn't a great deal of money, even if you count the ENTIRE league.

The fact that the NHLPA could have easily have switched the language around to have it come out of the future owners share (i.e. not to be made whole out of the players 50% split of HRR as currently defined) is another point that aggravates me.

And why I don't think the NHLPA has any interest in "negotiating". Part of negotiating is also throwing out hypothetical situations against the other sides proposal.