View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
I was the same type of forward as you when I played. I scored more goals than assists. It was usually a 2-1 ratio.

If I couldn't beat the defenseman 1 on 1 in a foot race to the net off the rush i would do one of two things.

1) Cut towards the middle a little, slam on the brakes and curl towards the half boards. This gives me a few seconds to look for a passing opportunity. If none exists and a forward or defenseman is putting pressure on you, i would dump the puck into the corner and behind the net allowing my teammates to try and retrieve the puck and start the cycle.

2) The other thing I would do is cut hard to the net taking the defenseman with me by leaning into him while protecting the puck.

Kinda like this:

Then you use the net as a pick to gain separation from the defenseman. This puts one defenseman completely out of position and it opens tons of passing lanes. When you come out the other side of the it looks like this:

Depending on where your teammates are you can do a cross-crease pass, feed someone in the top of the slot or set up a one timer from the point with a screen if your teammates can get to the front of the net.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote