View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Sole reason for this thread. It doesn't matter what he "looked" like to you. He produces. It must mean that you are "looking" at the wrong things. I see a player that controls the puck well in the corners and puts it on net at every opportunity. I view these at good attributes no matter what.

Hard to put "awful" in the same sentence as a player who can score more 5v5 points in a given amount of time then the players below.

Niklas Backstrom
Bobby Ryan
Igilna
Jagr
Skinner
Kovalchuk
Selanne
E Staal
Nash

Just saying that the above players get tons of respect, but a player that scores at a higher 5v5 rate can't get it? Doesn't make much sense to me.
I like TK as much as anyone, but Pascal Dupuis scored at a better pace 5v5/60 minutes last year than Claude Giroux.

That should say everything we need to know about evaluating players based on that stat alone. There's scoring well with limited opportunity, and then there's scoring well when put into a regular role as a go-to scorer. I don't think TK has shown the sort of offensive awareness to suggest he would thrive in a top 6 role, making plays with creative teammates.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote