View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 08:53 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I agree that Tatar doesn't have the same vision/playmaking ability. But he's at least twice the skater Hudler is. And the reports seem to be that Tatar actually is the 5'10, 185 he's listed at, while there's been speculation that Hudler could be as short as 5'6 with a more reasonable estimate being 5'8".
They used to make a lot of sense as comparables because both lacked a lot of defensive awareness. Sorry I am the one who has derailed it to here and not Eva if I remember right. That is what I thought of Tatar before, like CB I don't think he has Hudler's hockey sense. But his tools in terms of shooting are pretty close and he holds the puck and dangles much better. He doesn't see the ice surface quite as well, but the skating and other raw abilities could see them score in similar figures for the Wings.

The big thing with Tatar is he has improved a lot of the small things. They might not have kept him out of the NHL but they would have caused limited ice time and some of the problems Jiri encountered. He is trustworthy now, he plays with a decent amount of jam especially for a smaller guy. He wants to improve at everything not just look at points all of a sudden half way through last year the points started to come again while being defensively responsible. It has led to a big step, I still believe he is slightly lower ceiling wise than Nyquist. But the gap is very small and Tatar deserves a lot of the credit, he really is a much better player than he was even 18 months ago. A classic example of someone's numbers dropping or staying the same but improving a ton. If you just check the box scores not much has changed, when you watch him live so much has and I am excited about it.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote