View Single Post
Old
10-30-2012, 10:23 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
The 67's were all about offense last year and just hung Mrzaek out to dry for the most part. I've never seen an ECHL game but I'm guessing there isn't much D played in that league either. But when Mrazek played in the WJC for the Czech Republic he would makes 50 some saves a game because that team was defense oriented, albeit a lack of talent. What I'm saying is that Mrazek will kept a team in the game if they play defense around him or not.
He will on a lot of nights, but I think we should temper expectations that he can deliver that all the time in his first year as a pro. He is now stepping up to a level that should challenge him a lot more. I hope he looks great from day 1, but really I just hope he continues to improve and looks like he belongs more than demanding he be the number 1 and rescue the Griffins each and every night. He does usually play well and slam the door with a lead, something Grand Rapids actually has been doing a lot of is getting their goalie just that. He does a lot of things that should help, but he shouldn't have to shoulder the load of pressure. Part of what doomed McCollum is everyone wanted him to be some stud from day one in Grand Rapids, I think the organization has learned from that and I expect them to be less aggressive with Mrazek out of the gate. They already did him a big favor by building his confidence as a pro with a couple games in the ECHL first, not after wrecking his confidence.