View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 12:18 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
An article on Pysyk from the Edmonton Journal... Oil Kings grad Pysyk fitting in with AHL Amerks:
Quote:
Americans coach Ron Rolston said that when training camp opened, Pysyk, a first-round selection of the Buffalo Sabres in the 2010 draft (23rd overall), had been pencilled in as one of the teams top four defenceman but is now in a prominent role because of his play.

Marks been one of our best defencemen so far, and hes been very consistent, which is something you dont always see in younger players, Rolston said. Hes deserved everything hes got at this point.

We were going to give him the opportunity early on, and hes obviously taking full advantage of that. Hes taken on a big role for us already this year.
From what I've seen this year, that's not surprising to hear at all
Quote:
I am getting more comfortable every day Im on the ice with the guys, Pysyk continued. I didnt know what to expect when I came in. I just wanted to make an impression, make the team.

There are no guys you can really take advantage of (at this level), and in those battles in the corners, you have to be a lot stronger when youre playing against guys of this calibre. The lockout has made the league stronger, so that will help my development, but having said that, you want to see it end.
Quote:
We just went grocery shopping, so our fridge looks good now. A couple of days ago, it was empty, said Pysyk, who is living with second-year Amerk Matt MacKenzie and fellow rookie Kevin Sundher.

My first game, I was nervous, my knees were shaking a little bit, but after a couple of shifts in the first period, it was like a another game. Its all been good so far.