View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 06:23 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Anyone have suggestions for learning the ins and outs NFL football? I don't really know the rules so it's frustrating trying to engage myself with a team when I'm not fully understanding what's going on.

I've been watching games as much as I can but I don't grasp the intricacies of the game as I do with the NHL. I picked up Madden 13 to try and learn but it's difficult as hell even on the lower settings.

I was thinking about picking up a book, or perhaps read some magazines (is there an NFL equivalent to The Hockey News?). I'd really like to get to the grassroots type stuff with this game but it seems like the NFL gets as much coverage here as hockey does in the USA in a small market.

Any help?
I know this sounds like a backward way but my recommendation would be to try to join an NFL fantacy football league with friends. I know more people that got hooked on the sport this way than any other. Usually you get beat pretty bad the first year but once you get the hand of it it can be a blast and it gets you instantly connected to the sport. Most of the pools are pretty affordable if they are amoungst friends. There are also lots of magazines and web sites that can assist you and educate you on how to pick a team.