View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 08:05 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I actually have more sympathy for players in the NHLPA than people in other unions. Why? Because in few industries are you forced to join a union. In construction, teaching, etc. there are alternatives for those who don't want to join, there is not that option in the NHL. This is why the NHLPA and other sports unions are easier to break because their membership did not seek them out to join and there are serious repercussions if you choose not to. The players have to be part of the NHLPA whether they agree with them or not.
Not every job is forced into a union. I know you had a similiar event happen but if a teacher doesn't wanna be in the teachers union.. go to teach a private school. If you're in construction its not all unionized.. trust me. I did masonry and it was non union. Its not fun and theres not benefits. But people who have benefits and rights in a union are bad people? or don't deserve sympathy over nhl players? I think its the opposite. I have less sympathy for any players union since they have a larger pool of money in their bank account. I'm only the players side on this cba because the owners aren't properly managing their own teams, and now the players have to have a salary rollback? doesn't seem logical to me, since we'll be right back here in 5-10 years whenever the new cba is decided.