View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 09:19 AM
BruinsBtn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67sfan View Post
Nonsense. This seems nothing more to me than a fringe CHL player who didn't make the team this year and is now bitter.

Sorry but these are not professional athletes, they are kids. Sure the owners may make money but these kids are getting free equipment, free room and board, a free season of playing hockey AND some spending money to boot. This doesn't even take into account the education packages offered by the CHL.

Nobody is forcing him to play in the CHL. Seems kind of odd to me that he only feels he was cheated AFTER he got dropped to Jr A.

I'm praying that this goes nowhere with the courts. If the CHL becomes required to pay players.....it's going to hurt all three leagues badly.
I bet Patrick Roy made $10 million on the Quebec Ramparts last year.

And doesn't Jerome Iginla own a team? He's demanding 57% of HRR from NHL owners while paying his players about 2%.

This is long overdue. All the players want is for their education fund to be available at anytime. It's total BS that if a guy goes to the ECHL for two seasons after playing 5 years in the CHL that he gets nothing.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote