View Single Post
Old
05-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Netro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
I pretty much agree, except for needing a so called 2nd line center. They could roll with three offensively capable lines and one checking line.

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev
Zednik-Plekanec-Perezhogin
Begin-XXX-Ryder
Murray-Bonk-Lapierre/Kostitsyn/Downey-type

It can get kind of silly just moving names around, but the point is that I don't think the Habs need a "2nd line center" so much as one with good size and decent two-way skills.
Sounds ok to me re:additional centre. A guy I would have liked as the other centre would have been David Legwand, except that he just had ACL surgery. Tons of speed, good size and an underachiever who has the skills to breakout. But ACL surgery is not something I would mess with.

I think all these posters that have 5 new players and Latendresse on the team are being unrealistic. And as I have previously posted, it is more then likely bad sign, not a good sign, if Latendresse makes this team 1 year removed from being drafted. Also, with untradeable contracts, it is unlikely that Zednik and Bonk won't be Habs next year. So, again, it is unrealistic to throw out all these player combo's without including Zed and Bonk.

Kosty will be given a chance to make the team, but as we have seen, integrating into the NHL takes time, so I would be stunned if BG does not get some insurance.