View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
You know guys, i like our prospects pool, but i have something that's pissing me off... I don't like that we still don't have that big forward who can play that big power, tough game. We have a lot of small, speedy and skill in our forward prospect, but we don't have that big, tough winger that could great havoc by playing that kind of style. We need to develop that kind of player.

We had a guy like Alexandre Mallet in our backyard in rimouski. That kid is good offensively and he's just a beast in physicality. Just watch his first pro fight with that big hit:

And there's a guy like Stefan Matteau Jr. We could have drafted that kid last summer. I was hoping for it. He's that kind of guy that we need. He has 11 pts in 13 games with 31 PIMS.

I just can't wait anymore until we draft a forward like that. Every team has at least one of those guy in their system.

End rant.
I was a big fan of Mallet(go back and look at the 2012 draft threads) and would have been ok with him at #51 or #64 but he is 2 years older than most 2012 picks and it remains to be seen what his NHL upside is. He is physical and can fight but will his offense translate to the NHL or will he just be a Prust or Moen type? It remains to be seen if he ends up better than Throwerm who brings a lot of the same qualities but is 1 1/2 years younger. Bozon was taken later and looks like a great pick so far.

Matteau I wouldn't take him ahead of any of our first 4 picks, and he isn't exactly tearing up the Q at 18. To me he projects as a 3rd liner with some jam, not something I'd want to use a 1st rounder(or early 2nd if he was there) on.