View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Yeah! Nice try, you *****! That couldn't happen!

To be fair.. Yes I remember, it was awesome goal. Denmark did great at those championships, they won other "big" countries too. They would be welcome to the so called hockey top nations as well as would Norway. It would be really cool if we had hockey big in every nordic country.. Then it would make up an awesome Nordic / Scandic League.

I hope no one comes to say anything about scandinavia now. I dont care what it is, if there is Scandinavia + Finland, basicly word scandinavia can be used because Finland was part of Sweden when the word was invented.
It would actually be great to have a Denmark-Finland-Norway-Sweden tournament, but so far it ends up being Euro Hockey Tour instead. Since Karjala is a beer, Denmark wouldn't mind playing in that cup
Both Denmark and Norway still need all their best players to be competitive, but since it's lockout year why not? What better practice before the olympic qualifier.

About Scandinavia---since Denmark has lost our "land to the east" (and I'm not referring to Gotland and Estonia) we are not strictly speaking Scandinavian anymore. So Denmark-Finland could play without having that semantic battle
If we could call it "Norden" (Nordic) then we have the semantics battle with Estonia (and Latvia?) if they are in or out

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote