View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 10:19 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
I don't think the Thrawn Trilogy would work translated to move. The whole bit about the Yslarmi wouldn't make much sense at all, in my opinion. Yes, the books were good, but the non-EU fans wouldn't "get" Thrawn as the big bad guy. All things considered, a blue skinned, red eyed alien who is actually more of an anti-hero than a villain like the emperor...

Wouldn't play on screen.

The introduction of Mara Jade, on the other hand, needed to happen when Mark Hamil was younger. Mara Jade is a hottie.

I think it makes a ton of sense to start after the Vong war and use the previous actors in the rolls that make sense. Harrison Ford still has it and would play an absolutely AWESOME Old Han. Carrie Fisher, on the other hand, would need to lose a bit of weight, the last time I saw her, however... In the big Jacen arc, she was already written a bit frumpy, but not overtly so.

Yeah, as I think about it more, I think the movies would come full circle with the Jacen arc. Jaina as the new "Sword" of the Jedi, young Ben as the major hero. Luke as more of the back ground Master and Old Han being Old Han. That way, they could also introduce the older Mara and have it make sense.