View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 11:19 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyj View Post
I think you're over-simplifying the situation by saying the Nucks' management is trying to trade Luongo only because they have deemed Schneider to be 'elite', as there are more factors at play. If Luongo was happy to sit 40-50 games a year and didn't make any comments eluding to wanting to be moved I don't think the Canucks would be shopping him yet. I know all the Canucks fans want to make it out to be some calculated move by Gillis but I think he's more pushed into a corner now than anything.

Regardless, no, I don't think you can call anyone elite that has only half a full season of workload under their belt. You can point at minor league stats and talk about non-quantifiable things like leg speed all you want, but I wouldn't be putting a crown on anyone after 25 and 33 game seasons. There have been many over the years (Lalime, Theodore, Jim Carey, Mason) who have put up good stats for short time periods and faded. I'm not saying this will happen to Schneider, but I also think it's a little early to book his tickets to the HHOF induction ceremony like a lot of people posting in this thread seem to think.
All those people are being ridiculous homers. Even the reasonable Canucks fans recognize it is a little early to anoint Cory as a perennial Vezina nominee.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote