View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 01:52 PM
matt1396

vCash: 500
season preview

With the 2013-2014 season looming expectations are high for the Pittsburgh Penguins. The team made a number of big moves in the offseason including bringing in Rick Nash.

"I'm excited to be here in Pittsburgh, it's a great place to be and based on the make-up of this team I really believe we can push for the Stanley Cup. What line I play on is not up to me but i'm going to try my hardest and i'm fine playing with either Sid or Roy as I view these lines as 1A and 1B and i'm sure the fans do as well."

The team has been eliminated in the 1st round for 3 years in a row and haven't been past the 2nd round since winning the cup in 2009. Anything short of a 2nd round playoff exit would be considered a failure. Here is what Captain Sidney Crosby had to say:

"We definitely feel like we are one of the better team's out there in the league. I'd say our Top 6 is about as good as it gets with the players we have in it. Our goal is and always has been to win the Stanley Cup, and with the additions made this offseason I believe it is something we can achieve."

The team will be relying heavily on Marc-Andre Fleury to continue to play the way he did at the end of the regular season and playoffs if they truly are to become contenders in the east. Overall things are looking up in Pittsburgh and it looks like there will be a new power house in the east.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote