10-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Deal With It

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I've heard this as well.

And it looks like they're saying that the new movies will be completely original/new, so it looks like all the books/comics/everything set after ROTJ are going to be deleted.

I never really got into many of them, so i guess it doesn't affect me much. But the Thrawn trilogy, of which I'm listening to book 2 this week at work, would have been good. Oh well.
I feel like I just got punched in the gut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
What other good books are in the Star Wars canon? Looks like I've read a TON of them but would like to re-read.
The Corellian Trilogy is good... Hand of Thrawn, "I, Jedi", but you really need to read the first several X-Wing books to get to know Corran Horn first for that one... and then I would say New Jedi Order if you enjoy VERY long story arcs, and Legacy of the Force is really good as well.

I would also advise you to get the Darth Bane novels. The first two are very good, and the third one is very high on my to-read list. Also "Dark Lord" is good.

The only good novel as far as Clone Wars era goes is Shatterpoint, the rest of them are all blah.

And I have not yet read the current Fate of the Jedi arc, but considering its written mostly by the same authors who wrote Legacy, I'm looking forward to it.

And if Episode 7 completely deletes the existing EU, I'm just going to reject Episode 7 in my own personal canon, the same way I already reject a lot of minor details that have changed over the years.