View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 02:30 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He plays on the 2nd line with Moroz and Samuelsson. Samuelsson takes the offensive zone face-offs (because Lazar has an amazing shot), and Curtis takes all of the face-offs outside of the offensive zone (because he's better at winning draws than Hanks). They've been using this line, in this way, since all the way back in the last WHL playoffs.

Lazar and Samuelsson both have good chemistry and both are excellent hockey players. Mitchell Moroz, in every game I've seen, is a complete non-contributor. He's a decent board player and works hard on the forecheck, but the same can be said of Hank and Lazar. Moroz doesn't add what that line needs, in my opinion. Really, the only thing he adds is an occasional fight. Big whoop.

Also, the Oil Kings use five forwards on the PP quite frequently, so Lazar is always out on that first unit when Laxdall uses that approach. He also generally gets 2nd PK unit time, along with Samuelsson.
Excellent post. Moroz is a bit of a plug (still surprised the Oilers took him 32nd overall last year, with guys like Finn and Collberg on the board), but Samuelsson is a very good winger, and the Oil Kings are a strong team in general, it's not like Lazar is playing with scrubs. He also gets a solid amount of PP time. His production is mediocre because he's not a polished offensive dynamo, he's a kid with great intangibles and a great shot, but not a guy who dominates offensively. I definitely like him as a prospect, I think he'll have a shot to go top 10 in the draft, but I don't see the need to overhype his current offensive game.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote