View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 02:41 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cupstandard View Post
With Schultz emerging as already one of, if not the best defensemen in AHL, it is starting to settle in with me how important the 2012 Draft/FA could mean to our organization in the future. Without mentioning Yakupov in the equation, Shultz is leading the AHL with 10p (4g,6a). That alone is a pretty significant piece to the puzzle. Yakupov on the other hand has been starving for ice time in the KHL, but you wouldn't think so if you saw his stats let alone his highlights.

If Dubnyk can play like we know he can, minus the bad goal a game that seems to be his trademark. I think we can set a precedent of being a winning team for the long term future of our club. Thoughts?

P.S. I browsed quickly for an old thread to bump, but couldn't find one... I know how that having the same thread pop up every week is upon around here, but... It's the lockout, blame Bettman not me...
Its the AHL, I wouldn't read that much into it. We had the number 1 scorer in the AHL and he could do absolutley nothing in the NHL. If Shultz gives us a solid top 4 defenseman then we got a steal just based on that alone.So wait for the NHL results before expecting him to much.

The KHL isn't a grind like the NHL, he won't score at the same pace. The way i've seen yaku play hes going to be HEAVILY dependent on the powerplay for points. He doesn't strike me as a great 5v5 player.

This team needs a lot more than those two. We need our vets to actually play like it. Im pissed off that the only people that seem to play is the kids. Its aggravating, until they get their **** together we are going to be a border team at best.

flashy is online now   Reply With Quote