Thread: AAA 2012 Draft
View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

vCash: 500
The current guys are more my speed right now, so from my notes that I'm currently trying to rebuld from a hard drive malfunction a year ago...

Francois Beauchemin - Defensive-minded defenseman that handles a lot of tough minutes. Required and mostly able to do heavy lifting defensively. Works especially well when sheltering a transitional defenseman that can skate really well with and without the puck. When in charge of "leading" a pairing, some of his flaws become a bit more evident and his game becomes uneven. Is a heavy hitter and noted shot blocker. His pound-for-pound toughness is exceptional and will drop the gloves if necessary, but he's far from a heavyweight. Has a very heavy point shot, but it can take him some time to get it off. Scores a lot of goals by jumping into the play and sneaking into the backdoor or the high slot. His vision with the puck is not very high and he's better off making safer passes as he can be erratic with the puck at times. Further handling of the puck is somewhat prohibited by his average skating. Has a very low center of gravity and can get good leverage in board battles and open-ice hits. His transition and turns are rough at times and he's susceptible to getting beat wide with speed more than most shutdown players because of his wide stance and somewhat choppy skating.

Career: #2/#3 Defensive defenseman, like a better, more consistent version of Rostislav Klesla

Of note, Carlyle rides his horses to exhaustion. Beauchemin was a major part of that, I don't recall those bottom pairing guys getting any time at all during the regular season, much less the playoffs in 2007...that's a compliment to Beauch, they had time to fix that if they needed to and they didn't think of it.

Last edited by Mike Farkas: 10-31-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote