View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Ryan34222

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... I dont understand that one either. Markham is like the 4th largest city basically within the GTA itself behind Brampton & Mississuaga, with a population of app 300,000 & change, of which, nearly 65% are of Chinese & South Asian origin. It was only incorporated as a "City" from "Town" status this past July. Its a former agricultural area, a collection of quaint little villages & crossroads named after Mills (Vinegar Hill, Milliken Mills etc) that have long since disappeared and is now just a homogeneous suburban sprawl of townhomes, condo's & tract houses; McMansions. Massive T&T Supermarket, Pacific Mall. Everything practically brand new. No real sense of an identity of its own. What's going on with the arena project, the obvious aspirations to secure a franchise I call "Factory Hockey". People think the ACC is "cold, plastic, without soul", well, wait'll they get a load of Markham. Feel like Bowie in The Man Who Fell to Earth.
ladies and gentlemen.. YOUR TORONTO SUBURBS lol their logo being indentical townhomes..

i'll give Markham some credit.. lots o bucks there but does that money like hockey

Ryan34222 is offline   Reply With Quote