View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 06:58 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
We don't have a surplus of good finishers on the Wolves, just as we didn't on the Moose. Guys like Grabner, Hodgson, and even Kassian will do fine there as they create opportunities for themselves and aren't affraid to shoot. Schroeder on the other hand is instead dishing the puck rather than shooting, and he just isn't getting the results on the score card. The question is, if he were playing with better players, would he be getting more assists? The obvious answer is yes, but how many more? While I agree that Schroeder probably needs to shoot more, I wouldn't expect a playmaking center to adapt his game to fit in at the AHL level. I think we need to see how Schroeder plays in the NHL with NHL calibur players before we judge him too harshly.
Agreed. He's had chances, but he's had linemates do questionable things at times which has prevented him from bagging a few more points, which is why some people were getting on his case earlier. Like Tiranis said, when you factor that in plus the difference between JS and Kassian's totals is only 2 points, you can probably just chalk it up to bad luck. But he still needs to keep shooting it regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
He's the Wolves best defensive centre as it is... I don't know how much more work he can put into his defensive play in the AHL. Pretty sure he's also well above 50% on the faceoff dot, at least from what I've tracked in a few games.

Discussing points right now is a bit of a waste of time. Kassian leads the team and he's only at 5 points to Schroeder's 3. Considering Schroeder had some bad luck on waived off goals, people missing empty nets, etc. I don't know that it's much to worry about.

He needs to start shooting more, especially when he's not paired with Kassian. The assists are clearly not going to come because there's just not enough finishers down there. Plus Haydar decided to suddenly regress this season which is not helping things.

Also, Arniel needs to figure out the PP. It's been horrible and his messing with it is not helping. First game they looked so smooth, then he changed it up and since then it has just been an unmitigated disaster. I mean he has even tried Schroeder and Haydar on the point now... come on!
I haven't seen him be put with Kassian nearly enough for my liking, but agree that he needs to adapt to his environment and be a little more selfish when linemates can't finish for him. Also, do you remember what the PP unit was in the first game? Wasn't it Rodin - Schroeder - Kassian up front with Connauton and Tanev?

Last edited by vanuck: 10-31-2012 at 07:10 PM.