vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Do the Oil really need more defensemen before they know what they have? This:

Smid-N.Schultz
Whitney-Petry
Peckham-Sutton
Teubert, J. Schultz, Potter

isn't a terrible d-core. Seems like it's one solid veteran signing away from being good to me. Especially not at the price of one of the big 4, and with a new coach in place. Remember how when the Kings lost Blake everyone was predicting doom and gloom, yet somehow the D was better without him. I think if the Oil stick with what they have and force someone to step up they'll see what they have already is enough. Especially if J.S. is as good as he's billed and one of Petry, Peckham, or Teubert improves defensively.
I disagree. There is not a top 2....or a potential top 2 there. They have a couple guys that MIGHT be good 3's but definitely don't stack up with good 3's in the league

Smid is very average. Schultz is Matt Greene (3rd Dman on a bad team or 5th dman on a good team.) Whitney should be better and needs to stay healthy.

And don't go quoting any Schultz statistics from the Capitals. That was luck. Great in the locker room...but still Matt Greene. Great warrior and necessary for a champion, but not a top 4 dman.