Thread: Proposal: Montreal - Phoenix
View Single Post
Old
10-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Habitant le colon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
the problem is I don't want to put Galchenyuk on the wing, and I think he's too good to stay in junior next year (he can't play in Hamilton until he's 20)

I also don't want to lose Eller or Pleks (or put them on the wing)

Moving Desharnais to the wing would be the best option, but that would still break up that line.

The big problem is how much will Desharnais ask for next year as an RFA. He definitely deserves a raise from the $850k he's making, but if he's asking for Parenteau money, then I'd have to look elsewhere for help.

The max I'd give would be $2.75 million per on a 2 year deal. I guess the lockout is a good thing for us for negotiating, as he'll be getting a raise based on 1 year of stats. If we were playing now and he were to get 60 pts again, then we'd be in big trouble CAP wise next season, as he'd probably ask for $4 million+
Having Galchenyuk along the side is the best option to let him aknowledge the speed and the board hitting situation then after a while when Eller Plekanec or Desharnais will be injuried you test him ... it's going to be the same for Leblanc (who will defenitly be a winger in the NHL) ... Galchenyuk Plekanec Gionta can be an Excellent trio when you look at it 2 great playmaker who can score with a Veteran scorer .... I wont take a Gamble with a Eller Boedker duo because we hope to make chemistry and a spot space ... Desharnais won't live Halak,s or Huet treatment ... if so I will hate this team badly !

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote